Cancer is a very rough thing. And it can take our loved ones from us so quickly. But some have made amazing recoveries. Here are 9 of their stories.
1. One day, Shirley got that dreaded call. Not only did she have breast cancer, but it had metastasized into her bones, her organs and her lymph nodes. It was the worst possible scenario. She had served God most of her life….and now….this.
It was untreatable and she had maybe 3 months to live. As her pain got worse, she and her husband Mark decided to live even more by the Bible, with Mark saying “I never found one place in the scriptures where someone came to Jesus for healing that they were not healed.”
Then one night she awoke from a deep sleep and saw Jesus at the foot of her bed, and she could feel sweat forming behind her right knee. Three days later, her doctors told her she needed to sweat, and went into sweat therapy.
Then, she had another dream, with the Lord telling her the cancer just stopped. She continued with the treatments and when she went back for her checkup, she was told the tumor was gone and there was no cancer in her body. Shirley and Mark thanked God, and called it their miracle.
2. Sandra Kavanagh of Ireland had a very rare cancer, and had eight organs removed. She had 12 chemo treatments then specialized treatment in London. It did not look good, but, incredibly, she recovered. And participated in the Relay for Life.
3. Claire Cunningham’s body was riddled with cancer, and she was unable to talk or eat. She was edging closer to death’s door. But through fundraising efforts, she was able to have enough money raised to send her to Germany for specialized treatment…and it came in the nick of time.
Amazingly, with immunotherapy, she was walking in 10 days and she was pain-free. And Claire survived through certain death… with a miracle.
4. Some years back, Jane Plant was given only two months to live. She was 42 and had breast cancer. She thought she had beaten it, but it returned 5 years later… with a vengeance. She was upset, angry and frightened. But she started going research and found that in China, breast cancer was significantly lower, and she found the reason for that could be diet-related.
So she change her diet completely to the China way. Six weeks later, her tumor was gone. And it did not come back. Now, Jane is 65 and very Much alive.
5. Dieneke Ferguson was losing the fight against blood cancer after a 5-year battle. Hope was very little after several rounds of chemo and four stem cell transplants. Then, she started a new treatment…. a very odd one.. that involved something found in practically every kitchen.
She tried Curcumin, a key component of the spice turmeric. She started taking it in tablet form… 8 milligrams daily. And studies show the benefits of it are real. And her recovery was extraordinary.
6. Can you imagine being told you only have 24 hours to live? What would you do?
Michaela Cotterill was 34 weeks pregnant when she was told she only had a day to live, having been diagnosed with an extremely rare cancer that grows from the placenta.
Doctors immediately took her baby, and, in time, Michaela slowly recovered and now even runs in marathons. And her baby, Maesie, is just fine.
7. Serena Scott was 32 when she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. It was aggressive, and she became very ill… so ill that one of her lungs collapsed. She was also engaged to Robert, and she felt her big day would never come. But while she was being given chemo, doctors granted her dying wish and allowed her to marry Robert.
But after the ceremony, Serena’s health started improving, and later, she was able to renew her vows with Robert in a more normal setting. She is now in remission.
8. In June of 2011, 8-year-old Claudia Burkill was diagnosed with Metastatic PineoBlastoma, which is an inoperable brain tumor. She had only days to live, if that, and preparations began for her funeral.
But in a last-ditch effort to save her, her family put her on an experimental treatment in Italy called The Milan Protocol, which included several radiotherapy sessions and much higher than normal doses of chemo.
Incredibly, a short time later, Claudia began living the life of a normal child. Claudia now is cancer free.
9. Little Dylan Askin suffered from a rare form of lung cancer. Terrible cysts covered 80 percent of his lungs and they kept collapsing, and eventually, he was put on a ventilator to breathe. His kidneys were not functioning and there was internal bleeding. He was just a little boy… not even three yet. And now…there was a horrible decision to be made by his parents.
Yeah, you know the one… when someone you love dearly is hooked up to a machine and there doesn’t seem to be any hope…and hope was something the doctors at Nottingham University Hospital just could not give the family. None at all.
Dylan’s dad, Mike, wanted to leave that ventilator on… holding out for the impossible… that once-in-a-lifetime miracle that could come around…and well, maybe… save his son. Maybe. He held onto that hope…and he held on tight. But Dylan’s mom, Kerry, could not stand to see her little blond-haired boy suffer any more. And, although it killed her inside, she wanted his pain and suffering to stop. She wanted that ventilator shut off.
It was Easter of last year when the rest of the family gathered at the hospital… his older brother, his grandparents, some aunts and cousins, as well as the priest who had baptized him some months before. They were saying their goodbyes and telling him they loved him.
With tears in his eyes and his heart breaking, his grandfather knelt down by his side and told him he would buy him a bunch of candy if he would hurry and get better. Suddenly, just after that doctors burst into the room and told the family that some very strange results had just come back on Dylan’s most recent blood tests. The family was understandably shocked… but in a very good way. And the doctors kept treating Dylan, and he kept responding to antibiotics. In a week’s time, he was taken off the ventilator.
And now, Dylan is enjoying life just like every other rambunctious little kid. Mom Kerry carried some guilt about wanting to switch off that ventilator, but I’m sure the thrill of having her son still with her far outweighs that.
I’d like to think Dylan’s own grandfather promising to buy him some candy had a lot to do with his miraculous recovery. Well, that’s what I’m holding onto with this one, although I do have a strange feeling there might have been something else a little more higher up that intervened.
We are sure you enjoyed the above stories… watch for more: https://youtu.be/YJednRULpn8